Monday 25 May 2015

Sepia Saturday 281 : 30 May 2015


I am having to put this call together rather quickly as my Good Lady Wife insists that we have to make some apple pies this afternoon. How appropriate then, that we have as our theme image for Sepia Saturday 281 a 1972 archive photograph from the Flickr Collection of the Cloyne and District Historical Society of Canada. In may put you in mind of baking, kitchens, or pies : all it puts me in mind of is that I had better hurry up and report for duty in the kitchen! Whilst I am making pastry and chopping up apples, all you need to do is to find a suitable old photograph, feature it in a post, and post your post on or around Saturday 30th May 2015. Once the pie is ready you can add a link to your post on the Linky List below.

Whilst the pie is in the oven you might like to have a sneak preview of what is baking away in the Sepia Saturday kitchen, ready for the weeks to come





Is that the ringing of the kitchen timer I can hear? For me, it's time to go. For you it is time to get thinking about your post for Sepia Saturday 281



17 comments:

Little Nell said...

A veteran’s tale to mark a special anniversary.

La Nightingail said...

Opening to the other side.

Joan said...

Alan, i HAVE screwed up my link to my post, and it appears I have removed myself from the link. What to do??

Unknown said...

I'm back after fighting a new computer Microsoft 8.1 -- I have no idea what I'm doing but hope Mrs. Sagan's Pie Crust comes over loud and clear!

Postcardy said...

Old-fashioned kitchens.

Brett Payne said...

I'm at home this week, but definitely not baking.

Little Nell said...

Joan, I’ve sorted out your Mr Linky. All is well.

Anonymous said...

A reminder of home for my grandfather - the kitchen he left behind in 1888.

Wendy said...

I'm rolling in the dough!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I'm still in reverse from last week.

DougVernX said...

Everyone loves cooking pies!

Alex Daw said...

You will always find me in the kitchen at parties....

Tattered and Lost said...

A couple of older ladies and pie. What could go wrong?

Christinchen Royale said...

Cookbook advert from the 80s, a fresh fruit cheese pie recipe and an electric range circa 1984...

Jofeath said...

No sepia photos from me but I have a few varied kitchen shots to show here.

21 Wits said...

From having eaten too many pies (Hehehe!) to walking it all off at the zoo for me this week!

Barbara Rogers said...

Just a recipe and my favorite pie...Dutch Apple.